Thursday, August 8, 2013

Reflection

How I can use these tools in my classroom

I had never created a blog before and one of the main reasons was because I had no idea how to make one. This course gave me the knowledge I needed to know how to make one. In addition, I received a better understanding on how to use Twitter and how to better access Podcasts.

With this knowledge, I feel that I could comfortably use this technology in my classroom. To start, I will have a Twitter account that I can use for parents and students to follow so that they can learn important health or fitness information in addition to knowing any important updates for school or class. If there is a homework assignment, I can remind students that it is due through my Twitter account.

I think Podcasts will be something I will be looking forward to this year for students to create during class. I will most likely use the Podcasts as an assessment for the students to see what they have learned. I can then add these to my website and add a Twitter link as well.

Lastly, I could use a blog to reflect on lessons that were taught during the day. This will allow parents to see what their students are learning. In addition, students can read my blog to review the information that they have learned. This will be just another tool to help students gain access to class information incase they were not in class that day.

Overall, this class gave me a better understanding of the technology that can be used for the classroom. There are endless avenues to reach students and this class truly helped me learn more techniques to use to engage students.



No comments:

Post a Comment